- Repair audio drift:Added a new file repair tool under the Media Library right-click menu.
This tool can be used to address problems with audio drift in an audio or video file and may help with some Studio Sound-related echo and A/V sync issues.
- Fixed an issue causing an error message when adding Animations
- Fixed an issue preventing Animation Keyframes from being selectable
New, easier way to add layers
Add layers to a selection with the new “+” button
We’ve added a new “+” button to the selection toolbar in the script to make it easier than ever to add layers. Adding layers in video compositions will automatically add scene boundaries to the range if not already present.
New add layer panel
You can find an all-new add layer panel from the selection toolbar above, but also in the “+” button to the left of your script and via
Cmd-Shift-Kon macOS or
Cntrl+Shift-Kon Windows. This panel is a one-stop-shop for all the kinds of layers you can add, whether they’re your own files, stock media, shapes or recordings.
You can also dock this panel to the left edge of your editor for easy access when regularly adding layers and remove it when you’re done.
New line in script updates
We’ve made it easier to add to the script from a new line by exposing buttons to add files, record, and add other script markup like scenes, speaker labels, inline notes, and markers.
4K video recording in SquadCast (beta)
Descript’s remote recording solution, SquadCast, now offers 4K video recording (on MacOS.) If anyone in your session uses a 4K camera, SquadCast will record their footage in stunning 4K, while capturing other participants at the highest resolution their cameras support (typically 720p or 1080p).
The new 4K recording feature enhances video quality for your audience and provides greater flexibility in post-production editing, such as zooming in without loss of image quality.
This feature is currently in beta, and we're excited for you to try it out. To enable 4K recording, simply navigate to your Show Settings and turn it on.
SquadCast is now part of Descript.
Which means if you’re a Descript subscriber, you now also have the most reliable remote recording solution out there — for free.
Word gap improvements
- Dragging on the wordbar in the timeline to add a gap in a video now automatically adds a freeze frame there. If you want a gap clip instead, you can still manually add a gap clip from the context menu in the timeline.
- When updating a word gap duration, we no longer automatically spot audition. This should make it faster to make lots of quick updates to word gap durations, and you can always spot audition when you need to using Cmd-Shift-Spaceon macOS orCntrl-Shift-Spacein Windows.
Other tweaks & fixes
- Docking preferences are remembered: We now remember whether you chose to keep Compositions or Media panels docked across projects and windows.
- We’ve added timestamps back to search results in the sidebar.
- Fixed SDR Bt.709 color shift issues – HD color export and publishing should match source media more closely.
- Fixed an issue where pressing space to toggle playback wasn't working
- Ensures recorder recovery works consistently for quick recorder
- Made a significant improvement to the performance of removing large numbers of filler words from large compositions.
- Moved the choose template button in the scene panel above the list of properties.
- Fixed a bug with using the keyboard shortcut to edit word gaps.
- Fixed an issue with new fonts sometimes requiring a restart to render.
- Fixed an issue with captions not remembering the last used styles.
- Fixed an issue with timeline export not correctly including files enhanced by studio sound.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard shortcuts would stop working
- Fixed an issue where drawer docking prevented projects from opening
- Fixed an issue in the sequence editor where dragging files from the media library onto a track did not result in a successful drop
- Search: We’ve updated the design for search based on your feedback to make it easier to find & use the various features. By clicking on the magnifying glass icon, you can now find a number of search actions underFind and…: Remove filler words, Shorten word gaps, Remove, Correct and Copy. You can also remove individual search results from the search results list in the side panel to make it easier to apply bulk actions to all but a few instances. The search results list has been cleaned up, including the removal of timestamps.
- Layer list: We’ve made a number of improvements to the layer list in the properties panel. You can now drag to re-arrange layers, see audio layers in the layer list, rename layers from the context menu, and mute or solo audio layers. We also now show the layer list when there is no selection in audio-only compositions.
- Scene properties: We now show scene properties when there is no selection in video compositions. We also now allow you to Choose a template or save the current scene as a template from scene properties.
- Templates: In addition to making it easier to apply or create Templates from Scene properties, we’ve redesigned the templates panel to make it easier to browse Template packs, and repeatedly apply or switch between individual Templates from the same Template pack.
- UsingOverdub & Regenerate with Videos: Overdub and Regenerate no longer create Sequences when used on a video, and instead move the original video out into a new layer in the composition. This allows you to adjust the original video with the generated audio right from the composition timeline without needing to enter a Sequence.
- Studio Sound on range selections: Studio Sound is now applied to all files in the selected range.
Other tweaks & fixes
- Cleaned up the Descript icon menu inside the editor to make it easier to find menu options and added a few additional menu items.
- Fixed an issue with un-transcribed waveforms in the Sequencer being too dark.
- Fixed an issue with setting manual word gap durations where it sometimes wouldn’t show up when opened via the context menu.